New & Lingwood is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. New & Lingwood may change this policy from time to time by updating this page, therefore you should check back from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How does New & Lingwood collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you register or use newandlingwood.com (the "Website").
- When you are registered on the New & Lingwood in-store point of sale (POS) system.
- When you contact New & Lingwood by telephone or email.
- When you enter any prize draws or competitions run by New & Lingwood.
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
What sort of personal information will New & Lingwood collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, New & Lingwood may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make from New & Lingwood (whether in-store or via the Website).
- Details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products, as well as which of our stores you prefer to shop in.
- Details of your visits to the Website and the resources that you access.
- Details of when you contact New & Lingwood by email, post or telephone. Please note that we my keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
What does New & Lingwood use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely and in accordance with the registration that we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders that you make via the Website or in-store (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by New & Lingwood, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who may inform you about their products or services which may be of interest to you.
- Register you on the Website or via one of our in-store services and where this involves setting you up with an account, we will use your personal information to maintain and update your account (e.g. such as a change of address).
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes).
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by New & Lingwood. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition here: https://www.newandlingwood.com/terms-and-conditions
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of New & Lingwood, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your personal information may be disclosed to other businesses within the New & Lingwood Group which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that New & Lingwood offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling +44 (0)800 083 5102, Monday to Friday: 9am-6pm or by using our online form: https://www.newandlingwood.com/contact
Please note that in relation to our in-store POS system, you can ask a team member in any one of our stores to update your preferences. However, should you wish for your details to be removed from our system completely, then you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details above.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and New & Lingwood does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal details to these websites.
Cookies make your newandlingwood.com experience more enjoyable – and below we have explained exactly what they are, why we use them and how they work.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic and allows web applications to respond to you as an individual.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Here's a list of the main cookies we use, and what we use them for:
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|_ATUVC||AddThis social share feature (www.addthis.com)|
|__ATUVS||AddThis social share feature (www.addthis.com)|
|_ET_ID.[A-Z/0-9].UNDEFINED||Recommend Pro tracking service information on products you have viewed (recommend.pro)|
|_ET_REF.[A-Z/0-9].UNDEFINED||Recommend Pro tracking service information on products you have viewed (recommend.pro)|
|_ET_SES.[A-Z0-9].UNDEFINED||Recommend Pro tracking service information on products you have viewed (recommend.pro)|
|GEOIP_CURRENCY||Stores information about preferred currency|
|MAGE-MESSAGES||Stores website notifications (Standard Magento feature)|
|UID_NEWANDLINGWOOD||Used to verify returning customers|
|NALW_NEWSLETTER||Newsletter subscription popup 1|
|NALW_NEWSLETTER_COUNTER||Newsletter subscription popup 2|
Social Share Tools
We know you love to share the great content we have on newandlingwood.com. Please be aware that social networking sites, like Facebook and Twitter, might send cookies. We don't control the settings of these third-party cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We hope that explains things clearly – and please be aware you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can delete them yourself if you wish. For full information on how to delete cookies please visit aboutcookies.org (this will open in a new window – please note that we can't be responsible for the content of external websites).
Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy and cookies policy.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us: https://www.newandlingwood.com/contact